You can Synchronize ArchiCAD Zones with dRofus Rooms using the Sync Zones with dRofus command either within the dRofus Menu or the Action Icon within the dRofus Panel (if you select an ArchiCAD Zone and intend on synchronizing only that one ArchiCAD Zone) as shown below:
Data will be synchronized as per the Default / Active Attribute Configuration for Zones <-> Rooms. See ArchiCAD Zone to Room Configuration that explains how a configuration can be defined and used.
One you activate the Sync Zones with dRofus command, the following dialog will appear:
Filter and Selection
- ArchiCAD filter: Allows you to synchronize either only the selected Zone, all Zones in the model or Zones on the current floor.
- dRofus filter: Allows you to apply a filter to the dRofus Rooms to synchronize. Press to refresh the results of a new / changed dRofus filter .
- Update ArchiCAD zone properties from dRofus: Allows you to update ArchiCAD Zones with the latest data from the corresponding (linked) dRofus Rooms as per the Default / Active Attribute Configuration for Zones <-> Rooms. This only applies to linked Zones <-> Rooms. This option cannot be unchecked. In brackets you will see the count of ArchiCAD Zones that will be synchronized with dRofus Rooms. Zones that are not linked will not be included in this count.
- Update dRofus rooms with zone properties Allows you to update dRofus Rooms with the latest data from the corresponding (linked) ArchiCAD Zones as per the Default / Active Attribute Configuration for Zones <-> Rooms. This only applies to linked Zones <-> Rooms. In brackets you will see the count of dRofus Rooms that will be synchronized with ArchiCAD Zones. Rooms that are not linked will not be included in this count.
- Clear ALL unmatched in dRofus: This option is available only when "All zones in the model" is chosen as the ArchiCAD filter and the "Update dRofus rooms with zone properties" option is selected. It will clear out all the unlinked dRofus Rooms' attributes (that were defined to take values from the ArchiCAD Zones). Use this option when, for example, you've removed an ArchiCAD Zone and want the mapped attributes of the (once linked) dRofus Rooms cleared out. In brackets you will see the count of dRofus Rooms that are not currently linked to any corresponding ArchiCAD Zones.
- Add image: Generates a bitmap image of a detail floor plan view for each Room being synchronized. The new Image will match the graphical settings within your active ArchiCAD view.
- Using configuration: Data will be synchronized as per the Attribute Configuration set as default, unless you switch to / make active another Attribute Configuration.
Creation / modification / deletion of Attribute Configurations can be carried out by the BIM Administrator. Within each Attribute Configuration, the BIM Administrator can select / map ArchiCAD Zone attributes to the corresponding dRofus Room attributes as well as designate the direction at which the data (pertaining to each mapping) flows between dRofus and Revit. For a more detailed explanation, refer to: Create New or Edit Revit Attribute Configuration.
TipIf you set a dRofus filter on dRofus Rooms, only the result of dRofus Rooms (defined by the filter)'s attributes will be cleared out when you run synchronization with the "Clear ALL unmatched in dRofus" option selected.